Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Aaye Tum yaad mujhe ...

Well ... Its a beautiful day ,, Sun is smiling down at me .. and i woke up hearing the chirping of birdies .. and here i was brushing my teeth ( and smiling mischiviously at myself ) and $#@"THUMP" **% !! Something Hit me .. No no dear don't worry , u need nothing short of a nuclear War to send me away ... It was nothing but a sort of Realization ,, a revelation ,, ...
and the celine Dion song ... '' Its all coming back to me " ... started playing in the backdrop ... ( ~~~music added for effect ~~~ )
I suddenly could see the faces of lots of people - people who have touched my life in some or the other way ! All i was aware of was the sea of faces , faces with a whole gamut of emotions .. love, compassion, appreciation , envy , hatred, humility , adoration , murderous ( ya there r quite a few ppl who feel that) ... etched on their countenance... in front of my eyes ... blinding me for a split second !! then finally its significance dawned on me ...
Its like .. people - Gud or bad, sweet n sour , tall n short , cute n plump ... have always mattered to me ..
I know its not cool .. because generally the Cool tag comes with a " I don't CARE " attitude .... But still people do matter to me ... Whether i admit it or not ,, people have somehow and somewhere governed the 'feel' of my life ....( by feel , i mean the way i felt at different points of time in my life ) ... So time and again , when i get a bit distanced from people ( Like i am these days ) ... these realizations come upon me ... and I unknowingly connect with all the people --- people who , even though are no longer in my life , but still they grace my memories with their presence ! I know they no longer hold anything for me ... and have rightly carried on ... But I haven't been able to let go !

I don't know why but I still taste my friend tanvi's parathas in my office paranthas ..( tanvi was my friend in the 8th std ..) , I can still associate every sweet , fair n lovely girl with my dear friend Deepti .. Any one saying 'theek hai' too often still reminds me of my friend Anand .. whenever i see doctors and Hospitals .. I recall my friend megha ( every1 in her family was a doctor - except her .. infact she was the patient :0)..
this list can go on and on .. But the common factor among all these people is that they all r no longer with me ! I haven't talked to them in years .. Don't have any idea as to what they r upto now ,, but i still remember them every now and then ....
I don't know whether it happens with u guys or not .. whether u also can't LET GO of this emotional baggage attached with people ... But i certainly cant !
LET GO - small words .. big impact !
Bhagvat Gita teaches us to LET Go .. let go of things no longer with you ... Let go of feelings that are no longer alive .. Let Go of the past .. Let Go of the hurt and the pain ... Let go of the fact that people don't need you as much as u need them .. Let go of ur Ego ... Let Go of attachments ... Let go of time .. Just LET GO ! But my mind doesn't adhere to this ... u know i haven't been able to break free ... I still care a lot about all these people ... whether they do or not ! I still miss them ... miss that they r no longer there with me in my quest !
In fact , i believe in "LETS GO" ... lets go ahead , taking all that the past has given me , cherishing all the love n appreciation that people have bestowed on me , learning from all the hurt , etc...

I know aaj thoda zyada Senti ho gaya ... But aisa hi hai ... where its about the species 'Homo sapiens' ... i m damn emotional !

time to say "Lets Go "!
kanika

3 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Blogger Parag said...

let go ...isn't it quiet opposite to what we should actually do ...
infact we are what we are because of our experience to certain things , the pain, pleasure, jealousy,calmness ..so why let go these.DON'T LET GO
ya but use them for elevating urself ....

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger kanika said...

By Let Go ...i meant letting go of the dead feelings ... When u still can't get over ur past , despite the fact that people have moved on ...
If we don't let go ,, then it still hurts ! Hurts that u r still on the same lane , while others ( people who really matter ) have changed lanes ...
and yes , elevation can come only when we let go of the attachments ... only then we can move forward !
Its like ''' u can't drive if u keep looking in the rear view all the time !

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Mayank Pathak said...

Great views Kanika...I knew yet that I know you not; but this post has made my conscience say that I know you now!Perhaps there is a hidden feeling of being ALONE in your life and I feel that you would have liked to continue this post forever!True we cannot detach ourselves from the memories of the bygone days.They shall be the very part and parcel of our existence.Yet please do not err to make them your life.A "part" should always be a "part" and not THE WHOLE. Nice to meet someone too sentimental for this world that has begun marching on path of Unrestricted Decadence!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home